Victoria Falls, Zambia 2012

Victoria Falls, Zambia 2012

Thursday, January 9, 2014

This is my first post.

Once upon a time, there was a girl (me!) who loved to write, and used to "make" blogs: Xanga, Livejournal, wordpress, tumblr, etc. Kind of blog hussy, if you will. Then she realized blogging just wasn't her thing, and that no one really cared about one more angst-ridden blog gracing the internet. 

Sometimes though, things change?

Sometimes there are problems that are just too big for us to handle on our own, and the only thing we can do is rely on Jesus. 

Sometimes it is really helpful to write these things down publicly, in the hopes that others will be encouraged by them. Maybe my pain can help someone else through theirs? Lofty dreams!

So here I am: I'm Amanda,  I'm 24 and have been single for exactly 4 days, and 15 hours. I try to love Jesus with everything I have, and up until recently have never been comfortable displaying my faith and trials in such a public place. I've had blogs before, but I think they require you to be honest- not sure if my previous attempts fell into the honest abe category.

Why am I writing this? 

Because:
1. I got my heart broken this week in what was thought to be a long-term, serious relationship I was sure was "destined" to last no matter what. 
2. I want to encourage others through trials, even though I know that broken hearts definitely don't have the corner on the market of personal pain and problems.
3. I'm at a unique crossroads in my life and I want to document how God is going to fix my broken self and turn this crap load of crappity-crap into something beautiful. 
4. Sometimes a girl just needs to write. 


For the skeptics and the naysayers:
1. No personal information of other parties will be shared in a way that will be compromising. I respect confidentiality.
2. That's all I have to say about that. 


Here we go. 




1 comment: