Victoria Falls, Zambia 2012

Victoria Falls, Zambia 2012

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Annotated?

Usually, I like to post just once a week.

But I have some time, and lots of thoughts swirling in my brain, so here's two!

I'm going to use this as an opportunity to write about all the amazing positive things going on in my life. I know that I "need to allow myself to grieve," as everyone around me has been saying, but I need to combat the anger and bitterness somehow.
I know it won't all be positive, and I apologize for when it does get negative, and by apologize I mean, not really apologize. ha.

The top ten things I have going for me right now, *annotated:

1. I'm about to save over $100 a month by getting a new cell phone plan.
I'm buying my sister's friend's old phone and will be switching to straight talk. Thanks, April!
Also, here is just my little plug for straight talk... you all should check this out.

2. The most darling little nugget I babysat for tonight said to me: "These fruit snacks are so cute. But you're cuter, miss Amanda!" He's three, and completely a little ham.

3. The only thing that got me out of bed this morning was the most amazing donut from Dunkin' Donuts, proving that once again, America does run on Dunkin'.


4. My dad sat and watched the movie, The Ringer with me today, for a little bit. For those of you that know my dad, and have seen the Ringer.. this is a big deal. But I was crying and sad, and he always makes me feel better.

5. Tomorrow is Sunday, which means I get to see my darling Cubbies. They always make me laugh.

6. Tomorrow is still Sunday, which means I'm singing in the choir for the first time ever. Excited and nervous, but totes thankful for it. I don't even know why really, but I am.

7. My brother let me use his chrome book tonight. That was so nice of you, brother! I'm sorry I'm mad at you all the time for not picking up your clothes in the bathroom.

8. I have the world's best bed, with the world's best heated mattress pad. When I get home tonight, the first thing I'm going to do is turn on the heated mattress pad to 3, and just be blissfully happy and warm while I snuggle with my princess blanket and my vera bradley blanket. These are the only things that remotely keep me warm since I had to get rid of my amazing purple blanket.

9. My foot is healing! I can walk without a limp (almost) and it only hurts when I stand on it a lot. It doesn't even look bad though.

10. Jesus, who gives me all these silly, little things. Even when the big stuff is hard, there are always things to be thankful for. Even the bad things.

*I don't really know if this counts as a real annotated list. I mean, annotated just means extra comments, right? I'm too lazy to open up Google and figure out if it's right or not, and I was totally on social media on the day when my college English professor explained the annotated stuff. whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment